Pregnant and lactating women have an increased need for vitamins and minerals throughout pregnancy and while lactating. providing supplemental nutrition in the form of a daily multivitamin is an excellent way to meet this increased need.
The earlier a woman begins taking a multivitamin the greater the impact the vitamins and minerals may have on her and the health of her child
Mrs Loveness Pharaoh from Group Village Headman , Nambesa
Mums were told that:
- Multivitamin can help reduce anemia, night blindness, and other symptoms caused by vitamin and minerals deficiencies.
- Support a healthy immune system.
- Improve birth weight.
- Promote physical and cognitive development in children.
- Mrs. Belita Kasawala a happy mother
- Infants during the first six months of life should be exclusively breastfed.
- Pregnant and lacttating and children over 6 months of age should seek to eat a nutritious diet that includes a variety of brightly colored fruits and vegetables, animal products such as dairy and meat, and nuts, oil and legumes.
- Multivitamin Dosing Instructions:
- Taking a Multivitamin Capsule-After eating, pregnant and lactating women should take 1 capsule-swallowed whole-together with liquid once daily.
- Mirriati Matiyasi one of the Mother support Group coordinator reading instructions on how to give multivitamin to pregnant and lactating women in Malawi, Zomba district, Traditional authority mwambo.
How Often Multivitamin capsules should be taken every day, but only once capsule a day.
- Happy mother with a healthy baby from Khalora Village, zomba district, Malawi
- A mother who is taking a daily supplementation of multivitamin
- Happy Mothers
- Happy mother mrs Ethel Sogode from Elliot Village
- Mrs Mangulama of Mbatata Village happy with her child
- Mrs Namaona of Nambesa Village
- Fatsanawo Nyoni Mereka of Mcmoris Village with her happy and healthy child
- Care Group’ s meeting